PREP TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
1 ½ lb skirt steak, thinly sliced against grain
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp lime zest
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 plums, nectarines, or peaches, cut into 1/2″ wedges
1 yellow onion, cut into 1/4″ wedges
2 med cucumbers, diced
2 c cooked quinoa
½ c fat-free Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp cilantro
4 tsp pepitas
Hot sauce and lime wedges, for serving
1. TOSS together steak, chili powder, cumin, lime zest, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
2. HEAT 1 tsp of the oil in skillet over high. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
3. WIPE skillet clean and heat remaining 1 tsp oil over high. Add plums and onion and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. REMOVE from heat and stir in steak and cucumbers.
5. SERVE over quinoa and top with yogurt, cilantro, and pepitas. Serve with hot sauce and lime wedges.
NUTRITION (per serving) 487 cal, 44 g pro, 35 g carb, 5 g fiber, 9 g sugars, 18.5 g fat, 5.5 g sat fat, 195 mg sodium