Your body is defying you and you don’t even know it.
With every day that goes by, your skin is losing moisture—and it’s not your fault.
Over time, your body produces less of a very important natural hydrator, hyaluronic acid.
What is Hyaluronic Acid (HA)?
1. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance in the human body.
2. It keeps skin plump and hydrated.
3. It has the ability to attract and hold vast amounts of moisture. It can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
4. It functions not only to deliver water to the skin, but also to hold it there.
5. Our ability to produce hyaluronic acid declines with age which can lead to increased dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and sagging.
6. Regaining hyaluronic acid can help can keep skin supple and youthful-looking.
7. It’s a humectant, which means it draws water to the skin and helps prevent moisture loss.
Sound unbelievable? Just watch ABC News Correspondent Connie Chung’s report about one Japanese village with younger-looking skin and improved longevity that researchers believe are due to the hyaluronic acid.
While you may not be able to consume what these villagers do in Japan, you can still make some changes to get age-defying hyaluronic acid back into your routine.
Infuse healthy skincare products with hyaluronic acid into your daily skincare regimen. Look for it as a main ingredient (one of the first listed) in your skincare products to ensure potency. By utilizing this moisture-magnet ingredient into your routine, you’re sure to notice positive changes and more youthful-looking skin with consistent use.
Brought to you by Simply Beautiful ~ A Willing Beauty Team
Mandy Gaskill, Founding Beauty Advisor